The greatest hurdle in the study of music is its solitary nature. It’s hard to expect active young people to devote a half hour or more each day to practice by themselves. Most kids quit their music lessons in less than a year or two — before they really learn to play and experience the pleasure and fulfillment that comes with musical skill.
At Bach to Rock, we transform music and music lessons into a social experience, adding a strong group incentive to playing, learning, and practicing. We have found that maximum progress is achieved through a blend of individual instruction and playing with one’s peers in bands. Our methodology transforms music into a team sport, adding healthy competition and personal interaction. Therefore, we strongly encourage all students to combine a regular schedule of individual lessons with our supervised band Jam Sessions, which, in turn, lead to public performances, recording sessions, and Battles of the Bands. Private lessons are recommended for children 7 years and up.
What is B2R?
"I think many of the teachers are great and their passion for music (and kids!) is translated to the students."
- E.W. from Port Washington
"Everytime I've gone to B2R, whether it was for my daughter's lesson or to attend a birthday party, the staff has been genuinely happy and helpful. I also think it's wonderful what they do for the community."
- D.R. from Manhasset
"My daughter loves the one on one time she has with her instructor."
- M.R. from Great Neck
"The staff is excellent and the program makes learning music fun and relevant for the students."
- N.F. from Glen Cove
- Individual instruction with proprietary curriculum
- Students are motivated by playing with others in a band
- A band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem and leads to lasting friendships.
- Everyone learns faster playing music they like
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results
- Introducing very young children to music supports cognitive development and motor skills.