Bach To Rock Port Washington offers several services for children with special needs. We provide Adaptive Music Lessons for both individual and group formats. These formats have been shown to tremendously help children with special needs by using music to improve communication skills, social interaction and cognitive skills. Most of all it’s fun! Adaptive Music Lessons teach music skills, accommodating for special needs. The lessons have a therapeutic basis, focusing on music, fun, and building self-potential. These can be group classes or private lessons. Our services for children with special needs offer a variety of programs to help enhance students’ lives and allow students to have a fun, rich musical experience!
Available only at B2R's New York locations. Please call for registration and more info 516.441.5526
Benefits to Programs
- Fun and Enjoyment - First and foremost, we believe that adaptive lessons will provide moments of true enjoyment and connection for students with special needs. We are here to put genuine smiles on our students’ faces!
- Building Music Skills - We offer students opportunities to build musical skills either vocally or on an instrument. Building music skills can help promote self-esteem and hone focus for students with special needs and can help them to better function in their environment.
- Targeting Life Goals - For some students, a different kind of experience might be more appropriate. This type of session targets life goals in cognitive, social, communicative, physical, and of course, musical domains to help students grow and experience moments of authentic enjoyment.
- Social Skills - Bach to Rock also offers the opportunity to build social skills and interact with others in a group setting. This will help students to develop the ability to become a part of the world around them!
Adaptive Private Music Lessons
For those students who are interested in developing music skills, we offer individualized music lessons led by a board certified music therapist and adapted for individuals with special needs. Such lessons have a therapeutic foundation and are focused on building music skills in a fun and stimulating environment in order to hone focus and promote self-potential. These lessons are open to students studying all instruments and/or voice.
Adaptive Group Music Lessons
For those who would benefit from a social experience geared toward building music skills, we offer group music lessons. Adapted for students with special needs, these lessons, run by a board-certified music therapist, utilize a therapeutic basis for social music learning and working toward group performances. Not only do these lessons target music skill building, but working toward performances also motivates students to develop the social and interactive skills necessary to relate to others on a day to day basis, while providing students with a sense of collaborative achievement. These lessons are open to students studying all instruments and/or voice.
- Individual instruction with proprietary curriculum
- Students are motivated by playing with others in a band
- A band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem and leads to lasting friendships.
- Everyone learns faster playing music they like
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results
- Introducing very young children to music supports cognitive development and motor skills.